Tuesday 8 October 2019

Trying out the first thing on my digital nomad journey

I've read about some people making good money as a Amazon Affiliate Member. This is where you get paid a small commission for any purchases people make by following the link you post.

How it works is: Whenever someone clicks the link you have made under the affiliates program, they get sent directly to Amazon's website displaying the product. The moment someone clicks your link, a "cookie" is created in their internet browser that registers to your account. If they make a purchase within 24 hours, you get a cut of the sale.

Easy enough right? Sure.

But it's been hard for me to convert people to make a sale.


You can see from above that I've been successful driving people to click my link, but no one has made a purchase.

Is it because the products I have suggested are too expensive?
Is my link not appropriate for the audience's country? (I'm using a USA account)
Why the amount of clicks greatly reduced over time?

These sort of problems I need to look into and get it sorted out. I could see this business model working.

The reason why I went down the Amazon Associate route instead of the popular alternative of drop shipping is because: 1.) I don't need to worry about fulfilling the items and 2.) I don't have to put in all the work of getting the best product photos and copyright, and 3.) The slow delays of shipping from international companies.

The model is to suggest products and hope for a sale. I like it.

I'll update again on my progress soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 1 of #100DaysOfCode

I’m starting my 100 days of coding challenge today meaning by April 16, 2020 this challenge will be complete. Currently I’m sitting ...